Clovisskeptic>
Clovis Skeptic: Moving Violations: New Laws for Drivers

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Moving Violations: New Laws for Drivers

AAA : About AAA : Moving Violations: New Laws for Drivers: "Headlight Use
Requires drivers to turn on their headlights whenever driving conditions require the use of windshield wipers or when weather conditions limit visibility to less than 1000 feet. The use of parking lights or day running lights alone does not constitute compliance with the law. "





California is broke, highway 99 is crowded and full of potholes. Yet, our expensive full time legislature has come to the rescue with a whole new list of laws.

If your windshield wipers are on, you better turn on your headlights. Another nanny government law, that gives the police another excuse to pull you over.


I understand you should turn your headlights on, I do. I understand you should wear a seatbelt, I do. I just wonder where will these protect ever aspect of my life laws ever end. What's next, toilet seatbelts???

6 Comments:

At January 14, 2005 at 10:22 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Hey, it's good to see there's another local blog out there. I'm in good 'ol Fresno.

 
At January 14, 2005 at 12:26 PM, Blogger birdwoman said...

We have that law out here, too (philly/joisey area). I get 'spially cornfused, as I have "daytime running lights" on my car. Is this good enough? Or do I have to switch on the others?

(*)>

 
At January 14, 2005 at 12:32 PM, Blogger greeneyed_girl_in_cali said...

Normally, Id say this was a stupid idea....and get mad about the government posing more laws on us. (my family is so sick of new laws and the california politics that they are moving to montanta next year)

But on December 30th I had to travel about 35 miles on I5 to get to my nephews birthday party, in the worst downpour i have ever driven in. Half of the people on the freeway didn't have their headlights on and it really made it impossible to see them. I would hope that people are smart enough to think of the whole headlight thing on their own but since they don't seem to be, i'm glad theres a new law on this. It was quite a white knuckle ride.

 
At January 14, 2005 at 1:39 PM, Blogger Ian said...

We've had the law for a while in New Jersey. I believe here its a secondary offense, meaning you can only get a ticket if you are pulled over for something else. But it is helpful to have your lights on if not to see but to be seen.

 
At January 14, 2005 at 1:47 PM, Blogger Funky Fresh Freddie said...

Rails.

 
At June 10, 2011 at 6:52 AM, Anonymous Strip Poker said...

The remarkable message

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|